Thread: Epilog Tech Support

Epilog Tech Support

Just found out you can't call Epilog Tech Support any more......you have to go online and fill out a ticket.

For those of you who have used it......how's it working? Is their response time any faster?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Just found out you can't call Epilog Tech Support any more......you have to go online and fill out a ticket.

For those of you who have used it......how's it working? Is their response time any faster?
    I've seen quite a bit of talk about this, and for the most part, I think it's working better. An acquaintance that is an Epilog dealer has said that one of the advantages, is that it allows them to triage things so that the tech assigned to your case knows background on the issue, and is familiar with your particular machine and issue, so is more able to assist right off the bat. They've seen a lot of tickets handled within 30-60 minutes, as opposed to sitting on hold for hours that was happening. You can still request a call back instead of handling all via e-mail though. I guess the most important thing is that if you're not seeing movement on your ticket, to do a Reply to All to the email you get back with your case number so that things get updated in the ticketing system. You can always reach out to your distributor as well, and they can possibly assist, or rattle cages at Epilog to get movement. One of the other things they did is to put a lot of the commonly ordered parts online now so that you can order them online without having to talk to any one at Epilog, which has cleared out a lot of that traffic as well. Time will tell for sure how it's going to flush out and work though.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

It worked well for me yesterday.......first response was in about 30 minutes and it was completely resolved a few hours later.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw