Thread: Lignum Vitae lawn bowl - DIY mallet head

Lignum Vitae lawn bowl - DIY mallet head

A serious chunk of wood. Approx 3 pounds, and approx 4" in diameter.

Stamped markings are not legible, other than one word - Glasgow. I'd guess that is Glasgow, Montana.

$30 incl shipping conus
    paypal
    first pm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lawn Bowl.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	243.0 KB 
ID:	520360
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'd guess this is Glasgow Scotland.
    https://www.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/activities/bowling/

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    I'd guess this is Glasgow Scotland.
    Huh. Ya think? Montana's out, so how about Kentucky?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

you bit on the first bait, thought I'd have another go. Did you honestly believe I thought it was Montana?

Not for nothing, but I've never been to a restaurant in either Glasgow Montana or Kentucky.

HOWEVER - a few meals at the Ubiquitous Chip in Glasgow, Scotland. Elite
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 05-25-2024 at 5:35 PM.

I though you were going to make me go throught he entire list, there's one in Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia and Illinois too

Hah! Well played, Sir

No Glasgow in Connecticut. There is a "Glasgo", but it's nothing more than a few houses on street that leads to the public boat launch for Glasgo Pond in Griswold CT.
    However it is close to Scotland CT. We also got a Lisbon, and a Versailles, pronounced VER- SALES.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I reckon Kent’s first assumption of Glasgow MT may be correct. See with the proximity to Canadia and there ever popular sport of curling, the Canucks that come down to Montana in the summer would need a comparable leisure activity to engage in. Lawn bowling being the only logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by David Zor View Post
    I reckon Kent’s first assumption of Glasgow MT may be correct. See with the proximity to Canadia and there ever popular sport of curling, the Canucks that come down to Montana in the summer would need a comparable leisure activity to engage in. Lawn bowling being the only logical choice.
    That makes perfect sense. Very clever, David.