Thread: PM3520B fwd/rev switch issue

PM3520B fwd/rev switch issue

My fwd/rev switch is acting up. Runs in forward but not reverse. I have unplugged and let the VFD reset but still n reverse. Right now I am assuming it's an issue with the toggle switch and not the VFD. I have done forum searches and google searches and not having any luck. Searches come up with results on the red on/off switch and the potentiometer. Even the old Mustard Monster forums that were converted to documents on Doc Green's site only speak of the pot and on/off switch or the VFD. Nothing about the fwd/rev swtich.

Even a google search for 3520b replacement forward reverse switch comes up primarily with results for the option remote on/off switch. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement switch?

Thanks!

It is just a simple switch, I believe they are called double throw center off. Any electrical supply house should have one or you could even buy one at AutoZone or any automotive store like Napa. 20230225_110120.jpg

This is the basic wiring involved for my PM

Lathe switches filling with sawdust is a super common problem. Secondly, the manufacturers use cheap switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    It is just a simple switch, I believe they are called double throw center off. Any electrical supply house should have one or you could even buy one at AutoZone or any automotive store like Napa. 20230225_110120.jpg

This is the basic wiring involved for my PM
    Sam -- Thanks! I may do that. But would prefer the switch it came with. The fwd/rev switch is not a three position switch with a center off position. From what I have found out it's a SPDT with only on/on switch positions - no center off. I know it's just me being picky but it's what I am used to on the lathe - just flipping it back and forth. Adding the center off stop would be an annoyance (a minor one but annoying)

Richard -- I should have mentioned in my post. I did blow it out an used spray contact cleaner with no success. yes, I agree that it may be a cheap switch. That's why I was looking to see if anyone had other options.

Ricc, you are correct, my bad the center off switch is from another project I was working on. The diagram I posted earlier is correct for the PM forward-reverse switch