Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got a Powermatic 65

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Breininger View Post
    Attachment 519896I took the top loose to get a better look and it appears that there is no way to access the belts. They are totally enclosed by a housing. I don't see any way to remove them from the motor shaft.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/655/837.pdf

For #66 but should be similar process.

Here's someone who replaced the contactor with a different switch.

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind...l.aspx?id=6246
    Last edited by Cameron Wood; 05-17-2024 at 2:53 PM.

Link belt. Even horrible fright carries them.
    Bill D

Nice!. Wow, SW Wyoming. The older I get the more I wonder about people,places and things.

When I picked up my old Unisaw it was missing the motor cover and the lower front door. I knocked together a cover for the motor that was ventilated but not filtered. I cut the DC into the back/bottom of the saw and fashioned a tempered hardboard ramp from front down to the back and side ramps to funnel the duct down. I taped them in place. With a ventilated front cover it kinda carried the dust back. It worked out well as there was very little accumulation in the base.

Nice score. That's an awesome manual. Matched belts are important and should be ordered from a belt supplier, not an auto parts store or big box store. If the existing ones are ok they will last a long time.

Is there a special size wrench to change the blade on the PM65 or PM 66 or did they just use an adjustable wrench?

Two Horsepower? One modern vee belt should be fine. They are much improved since 1930 when this was was designed, 96 years ago.
    BillD