Oh yeah, lots of car washes built in the Colorado Springs area over the past ten years.

A new car wash went up near my house several months ago. They have a monthly payment plan which gives you unlimited washes. I don't like monthly payments. I asked if I could get a plan for a year. They said I could and I would get a discount. Took a while to sign me up, but now Mrs. Pat can whip her Subaru into the car wash any time she likes. I asked if it was really unlimited. They assured me it was and shared that some people run their cars through multiple times in the same day and that's fine. The car wash has a scanner which matches the license plate to the make of the car so you can't swap plates for all six of your vehicles.

I recently heard a story on NPR about all the new car washes going up everywhere. They interviewed an automotive expert who said most people used to wash their cars at home, but this is no longer the case. Now 80% of car owners get them washed at an automatic car wash.

Someone mentioned watering restrictions earlier in the thread. That's a big deal in Colorado. We are typically on watering restrictions every summer. It's a real pain to comply with watering restrictions when you're trying to wash your car. It's much easier to whip into the automatic car wash. And the new automatic washes clean and recycle the water, so it saves water to boot.