Thread: One Time finish for out door dining table

One Time finish for out door dining table

One of our members is using this on his outdoor wood table and 3 years in no mold, mildew etc....Thought I would try it on a cypress out door table.

https://onetimewood.com/

When I call I can only leave a voicemail. I'm a little confused by their instructions. On the paperwork that came with the finish it says, "do not apply one time under a roof covered area that is more than 8 ft." I think they mean a deck covered porch, but I was planning on doing this in my garage before moving it out so...my ? On their web site under FAQ's it says: "You can apply One TIME on open porches with a normal 8 foot roof. If a roof extends out farther than 8 feet get a piece of scrap wood, apply One TIME on the scrap wood and place the wood close to the house (or an area with the least amount of sun) to test for curing before you proceed." Product needs UV rays to cure.

Think I am safe to do this in a garage with the door and windows open?

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

Sounds like they’re trying to say it won’t cure if shaded from the Sun.

OneTime has worked great for me Brian. I think you'll be pleased.

Just take your table outside to apply OneTime. It's not a film finish so there's no need to worry about bugs, etc. And it absolutely needs UV exposure to cure, so give it the best conditions so that can happen.

John

I agree. I don't think this is a safety warning; it's a warning that it requires UV light to properly cure.

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    OneTime has worked great for me Brian. I think you'll be pleased.

Just take your table outside to apply OneTime. It's not a film finish so there's no need to worry about bugs, etc. And it absolutely needs UV exposure to cure, so give it the best conditions so that can happen.

John
    John, couldn't remember who recommended it. Thanks. 25% to 65% rain chances here next 10 days. My shop is in my basement so I have to do the final glue up upstairs our outside. I was planning on doing the final glue up in my garage, then finish. Can I let it sit out of the rain near the edge of the garage with the door open for a couple days? Really don't want to wait 10 days to finish, but if I need to I will. Thanks. Brian
    Brian

Here's what OneTime is in #33:

Unlike conventional treatments that dry on the surface, One TIME actually cures into the wood by both direct and indirect sunlight. Under overcast conditions, shade from the trees, 48 hours or longer is needed for curing. In direct sunlight, One TIME can cure in less than 48 hours. Also, One TIME does cure on the North side of a house. Cure time varies with the amount of sunlight.

And in #36:

One TIME starts penetrating into your wood immediately after you apply it. A drizzle or light rain will not affect One TIME. In rare instances a heavy rain may cause some streaks or water droplet marks and can splash on siding. These can normally be easily remedied by a light application before the One TIME has cured.

If you're a risk taker, pick a day with a low chance of rain, take it outside, and finish it. If you're not, wait until the forecast is rain free for at least a day.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Here's what OneTime is in #33:

Unlike conventional treatments that dry on the surface, One TIME actually cures into the wood by both direct and indirect sunlight. Under overcast conditions, shade from the trees, 48 hours or longer is needed for curing. In direct sunlight, One TIME can cure in less than 48 hours. Also, One TIME does cure on the North side of a house. Cure time varies with the amount of sunlight.

And in #36:

One TIME starts penetrating into your wood immediately after you apply it. A drizzle or light rain will not affect One TIME. In rare instances a heavy rain may cause some streaks or water droplet marks and can splash on siding. These can normally be easily remedied by a light application before the One TIME has cured.

If you're a risk taker, pick a day with a low chance of rain, take it outside, and finish it. If you're not, wait until the forecast is rain free for at least a day.

John
    Thanks John. Much appreciated. Risk taker, borderline crazy, would do damn near anything in my youth. I've actually grown up over the years, think I'll wait for a few drier days. Brian
    Brian