Thread: Monarch Unipoint Saw

Monarch Unipoint Saw

Does anyone have experience with the Monarch Unipoint (sort of) RAS? I see one for sale locally that looks pretty rough. I'd be happy doing a resto on it but only if it's worth the effort, meaning, are these saws as accurate and flexible to use as they look to be by their design and construction? Any insights appreciated.

John

think ive seen a few restored ones, look like excellent quality from the photos.

If it is salvageable I would say it is definitely worth restoring! I believe the Unipoint radial arm saws are now made by Northfield and I believe parts are still available.

I have always wanted one... kind of the ultimate in sliding compound miter saws without the flex that is inherent in any portable compound miter saw. Industrial radial arm saws can be found for pretty cheap due to lack of interest in them. The Unipoint seems to be the exception. I have never seen one local to me at any where near an affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post

That's the Northfield version of the original Monarch, Bill. What an amazing saw. The industrial, precision, but stationary version of a modern CMS. The one I'm looking at is 3 hp, single phase. I'm waiting for more pictures before deciding if it's worth a 2 hour drive to look at in person and try to lug it home. Sure would be awesome to own and use one.

John

Hopefully Darcy Warner will check in. He often extolls the virtues of the Unipoint. Wish I could find one for a good price out here in the northwest.

Here's another RAS I had never heard of, the Speed Cut brand. Can find very little about them online other than this yt link. I reckoned this thread had run it's course, so hopefully this is not hijacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ns05ecKbM

Any relation to the safety speed cut panel saw?
    BillD

Yeah, that's the same concept as the Unipoint. The rotary table is even more impressive, however. It's size should make angle setting incredibly accurate. Thanks.

John

few photos, two from the canadian site. Be nice if the you tube showed the saw working rather than just running. Makes sense if you are wanting to sell something.

90b0d99c-7e77-4103-a4ae-ae76010abca0.jpgimage_121926.jpgimage_131648.jpg