Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CA Glue Accelerator - Where to buy?

Blog Entries
    I too try to buy locally. I will even pay a bit more to keep my money in my community. If my local store can't be bothered to hire qualified people or train them . . . I go to Amazon.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    The price for the 8 oz pump at Amazon is $15.71: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

John
    When I click the link it says "Currently unavailable" and the price shown is $17.49. Looks like it is a moving target.
    I guess if you're going to order it, check all the sources before pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    When I click the link it says "Currently unavailable" and the price shown is $17.49. Looks like it is a moving target.
    I guess if you're going to order it, check all the sources before pulling the trigger.
    Perhaps a problem in shipping to Canadia (and CAD)? I see the $15.71 and available to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Perhaps a problem in shipping to Canadia (and CAD)? I see the $15.71 and available to ship.
    Could be, Amazon.ca price for 2 oz of medium Starbond CA glue is $43.97, what price does it show you when you follow this link?
    https://www.amazon.ca/Starbond-EM-15...%2C198&sr=8-10

I just switched my VPN to the US and went to Amazon.com in an incognito window and I see what you see so I guess it is a cross border shipping thing. Even with my VPN set to the US it still thinks I'm in Canada if I don't go incognito and says its unavailable.
    Last edited by Doug Garson; 11-06-2023 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added last paragraph

$43 on the amazon.ca site, $14 on the amazon.com (US) site. Ouch! You might try looking directly at the Starbond site. They are pretty reasonable people to deal with..

Lee Valley (Canadian) has more reasonable prices on accelerator (both aerosol and pump)

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    $43 on the amazon.ca site, $14 on the amazon.com (US) site. Ouch! You might try looking directly at the Starbond site. They are pretty reasonable people to deal with..
    Or just go to Lee Valley, which I did last time I needed it. Luckily I have one 20 min away.

Or just go to Lee Valley, which I did last time I needed it. Luckily I have one 20 min away.
    Really wish Lee Valley would open stores in the U.S.

But I'm sure there's a really good reason they don't.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Really wish Lee Valley would open stores in the U.S.

But I'm sure there's a really good reason they don't.
    It's a relatively small family run company. They just have 18 stores across Canada, expanding into the US a much larger more competitive market would be a big venture. After saying that, I looked and actually they do have a Lee Valley Express store in Reno Nevada, bit of a hike from Columbus Ohio . Don't know what the Express part of the name means, wonder if it serves as a US based warehouse for US online orders? Website says it offers instore shopping and instore pickup and looks to be a smaller than average store.

It's a relatively small family run company. They just have 18 stores across Canada, expanding into the US a much larger more competitive market would be a big venture. After saying that, I looked and actually they do have a Lee Valley Express store in Reno Nevada, bit of a hike from Columbus Ohio . Don't know what the Express part of the name means, wonder if it serves as a US based warehouse for US online orders? Website says it offers instore shopping and instore pickup and looks to be a smaller than average store.
    The majority of my orders have shipped from Reno. We'll, when I'm lucky, it's faster shipping.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

For ca and/or accelerator I'll put BSI (Bob Smith Industries) and Star Bond in my Amazon cart if the price seem high - over the next couple of day one or the other usually changes... sometimes for the better.

For what it's worth, price being equal, I choose BSI brand. Might be my imagination but it seems to last a little longer which I attribute to a slightly better bottle.

Blog Entries
    Stewart Macdonald and AllParts are both good sources.

My understanding was that the Reno location helps with online orders for the western regions to improve delivery times over shipping from the New York state location (just this side of the river/border) to those areas. But that's coming from memory since it's been a few years since they opened up the Reno location.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    My understanding was that the Reno location helps with online orders for the western regions to improve delivery times over shipping from the New York state location (just this side of the river/border) to those areas. But that's coming from memory since it's been a few years since they opened up the Reno location.
    I assume the New York location is just a warehouse as it's not listed on their website as a store location.

I assume the New York location is just a warehouse as it's not listed on their website as a store location.
    Yes, that's correct. It's a major warehouse/shipping location so they can avoid the cross border duty dance for US orders. I forget the specific town at the moment, but I believe there are bunch of Canadian companies that have similar facilities in that general area if memory serves as there is easy cross border travel for people, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...