Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flight Simulator Build - woodworking distraction

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    ... The instructor said that he would have no problem calling my son up from the back of a live 737 in emergency and asking him to land the plane. Doh!
    That's one of the great things about flying, after all these years of millions of flights, they've never left one up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Shields View Post
    He should seriously consider being a pilot for the military. Nothing like building flight hours you don’t have to pay for!
    If he were considering the military route, I'd consider 'boring' over 'sexy', transports over tactical. Airlines will fight over a guy 30 years old with a bunch of heavy multi-engine time. They'll hire an F-16 driver too but I'd think the C-17 driver with lots of long haul international experience is going to have the easier time. In either case, connections made in the military will likely pay off post - active duty.

That's a very good point, Curt...logically, multi-engine hauling experience kicks the airline training process into a faster track for sure. It also brings experience operating with a crew rather than independently and I suspect that's helpful, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...