Thread: Miter vise

Miter vise

I occasionally make furniture transition frames, for example chest on chest dresser transition. Most miter clamps have small capacity. Lee Valley has a Miter Vise that has a 4” width capacity that would meet my needs. $120.00. Having tried other methods I am willing to pull the trigger if the quality is good. Tired of buying stuff online that ends up sub par if you know what I mean. What think ye?

Blog Entries
    Lee Valley is a top notch retailer. If you don't like something:
    "If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, just return it to us within 3 months* either by ground mail or at any of our stores. You can choose to exchange the item or receive a complete refund, including any shipping charges. We will also refund your return parcel post costs at the ground mail rate. "
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

It "looks" like a nice unit to me.
    Machined, not cast or stamped, not to mention the wider opening you spoke of.
    Consider the price of "similar" tools and lhe LV looks pretty good.
    example
    https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/mitervise.aspx (looks the same as a shop-fox)

I bought a vintage miter vise and new old stock vintage miter trimmer (I think lion brand). The miter trimmer works excellent. The vintage miter vise does not hold a perfect 90. The one I have is cast though. I got both the miter trimmer and vise as a package for $50 so figured why not.

Ron,
    Lee Valley is rock solid reliable. Dont hesitate to buy if the one they sell meets your needs.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”