Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dennis, I hope you get some more shop time soon...and it's wonderful that your better half is about to graduate! I know she worked hard and that will pay off.

This past week was great, but also stressful and busy with the new overgrown puppy (who wasn't really trained very well by his original adopting family) and juggling transportation needs for both us and our older daughter. And overgrown puppies, like most/all pets, um...need a lot of stuff. Otherwise, I did some more landscaping repairs, got rid of the last piece of the original falling down fence as we move forward to getting a replacement and did a small project in the shop for another 'Creeker who is doing a "Colonial Fair" event with a few woodworking friends of his and needs examples of timber framing joints for the table. It was an interesting process figuring out a particularly complex post-rail-rafter joint and even more challenging because it was a lot of hand tool work. I kinda need to get a little better at sharpening. LOL

This week I have to finish a little project for another friend and build a "center console" for my Subaru Ascent's second row for between the captain's chairs so that the aforementioned overgrown puppy has an easier place to hang out when we are off shopping for his needs or heading to some park or trail for a bigger walk than just in the neighborhood. And also "entertaining" fencing contractors. Holy Expensive Fencing, Batman!! Sheesh...

Upcoming interesting "project" is to help our younger daughter and her SO prepare for a multi-month camping journey this summer. I talked them out of a roof-top tent and into a used teardrop camper so they could be comfortable in "weather" for sleeping and not have to break camp to go into town for the SO to work when there's no or inadequate cellular signal for Internet or to shop or to eat in a restaurant. They are likely heading up the coast to Maine and maybe beyond for this first trip. My involvement, outside of providing a few shekels to help with the purchase of the teardrop, is to aid in any minor reconditioning and outfitting of their "new house" before they hit the road.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-25-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...