Thread: Lucky Hookup, endless free wood

Lucky Hookup, endless free wood

I had a tree come down on top of two other trees right next to the house so it was too dangerous for me to attempt the clear. Turns out that my neighbor down the street has a large tree service company. I called him over, he gave me an unreasonably good price and did the work immediately. As we were talking (I told him I was going to be turning some of the pieces and he was in my shop) I'd be interested in maybe working something out for freshly cut crotch pieces, etc. He offered to take pics on site and drop off whatever I wanted on his way home. I said great, how much. He replied, nothing at all, just a neighbor sort of thing. I warned him I could take a lot and he laughed in my face and said there's no way I could keep up. So, unlimited, freshly cut blanks delivered to my door. I feel like I hit the lottery.

Congrats. We have had a couple tree people promise free wood, but no one ever comes through in spite of repeated reminders. Hope your guy delivers for you. That is awesome.

Totally understand what you're saying but I see this guy a lot. We spent some time talking while his guys did the work and kind of hit it off. We were both in Somalia (at different times), shared a lot of the same views, etc so since he's got to pass my house almost daily, I think we're going to have a beer at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Crawford View Post
    Congrats. We have had a couple tree people promise free wood, but no one ever comes through in spite of repeated reminders. Hope your guy delivers for you. That is awesome.
    If you want them to deliver, give them a dozen donuts for break time for the crew, or a couple finished bowls, or a half dozen Christmas ornaments. Prime the pump so to speak. Do that a few times and they will even drop off a load at your house!