Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ear Muffs for Router Use

thats funny Mel social distancing. I practice emotional distancing.

ive had those arrows in my hand before though. Its amazing that an offcut of plywood that is say 1/8 x 1/4" can fire into your hand and break off. Ive considered wearing goalie equipment.

I keep at least a dozen muffs, some in different places so they’ll be close to the big mowers, chain saws, in the skid steer, by the shotgun in the house. I go for brand name muffs with the best quality and db rating I can find. I often wear them over ear plugs - buy the plugs by the big box at an industrial supply place, far cheaper that way.

I also have two sets of ear muffs with a thin strap over the head and a spring wire around the back of the head to hold them in place - saw them in a message here on SMC. I can wear these with no hat, a hard hat, ball cap, sun hat, and even with a “cowboy” hat when it’s raining - keeps the water out of my eyes and neck dry.

I also found some sized for kids.

My favorite for shooting and when working in the shop with another person are the electronic muffs that let normal conversation through but cut off instantly when they detect a loud noise. (These are great when hunting varmints at night too - the volume controls let me turn up the sound so I can hear MUCH better than I can with unaided ears. I can hear that evil possum climbing a tree and avoid encounters with skunks on the ground!)

I’m constantly amazed at “professionals”, especially tree service guy running chain saws and commercial mowers who wear neither hearing nor eye protection. I wonder what their hearing will be like someday.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Herzog View Post
    Worktunes ear muffsby 3m. NRR is good and can bluetooth my cell phone

+1 Worktunes....nice to have music when sanding.....I also use them when mowing my lawn.....