Thread: C4 Safety Speed Panel Saw

C4 Safety Speed Panel Saw

I just bought a used C4 and am curious if it would cause any issues if to save floor space I were to mount it directly to a wall and reduce the angle so that it sits closer to the wall?

I had one and that shouldnt be a problem.
    I bought a wheel kit for it from flea bay that worked well for it.

my H5 has been bolted to a wall since 1988 in different garages, 22 years currently. Milwaukee 6480-20 (believe C4) is on wheels with stand folded up and fastened to wall in basement
    much prefer it bolted to wall to one on wheels with a stand. Easier to get panels in and out when straight up and down. Don't care for how far the saw is angled back on wheels and the stand.
    I do own a H5, H4 and a Milwaukee 6480-20 (made by Safety Speed Cut)
    Ron

edit to add I would sell the H4 very reasonable as it is currently not used, not interested enough to list it for sale. stored in daughter's garage
    Last edited by Ron Selzer; 09-24-2022 at 8:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have the portable Milwaukee. It is one of the short bed versions. The short bed was a big mistake and the saw was almost useless in a 1 person shop. I set it up close to straight, bolted it to the wall and created full length beds. I find it very useful now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    I would sell the H4 very reasonable as it is currently not used, not interested enough to list it for sale. stored in daughter's garage
    I have a friend in Dayton that may be interested in the H4. If you will PM me your contact info I'll get it to him.

Thanks

This is an older model that's been used for several years in a one man shop.
    I can see where the longer bed would work better and may try to make removable extensions for this one.

The price and size were right though and only 15 minutes away.

My shop is 24' x 38' plus a portion of the lower bay, but I don't have any wall space left. Thankfully all of my tools except the cnc and long miter saw bench are on mobile bases. Mounted vertically I can park something in front of it.
    Unfortunately I'll need to move the mini split to center it on the wall closest to my lumber storage and unisaw.

At 69, I'm simply looking for ways to enjoy my shop for a few more years. I also have a hydraulic panel handler that tilts and its been a real back saver!
    Last edited by Ron Hampe; 09-24-2022 at 4:27 PM.