Thread: Day Light Savings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Split the difference bump it up 1/2 hr. That will really get them going!

Quote Originally Posted by John E. Hobart View Post
    I've actually had that specific thought for years now, John. Split the difference. If I'm not mistaken there's a chunk of geography in the north east maritime part of North America that's a "half hour" different.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Personally, I don't care much either way. Of all the issues facing the USA, I put this pretty low on the list.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

The reason Arizona doesn't embrace DST is they don't relish the extra hour of intense summer HEAT at night. It'll surprise me if their citizens don't balk at moving the clocks ahead permanently...

Guess I'm the only one who LIKES DST...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Very much in favor of eliminating the time change, but (as a morning person) I'd pick standard time, not daylight saving time as the one standard to stick to. Having the sun up when I want to go to bed in the summer reminds me too much of being a little kid-- except then I wanted to stay out and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The reason Arizona doesn't embrace DST is they don't relish the extra hour of intense summer HEAT at night. It'll surprise me if their citizens don't balk at moving the clocks ahead permanently...

Guess I'm the only one who LIKES DST...

We will stay on Mountain Standard Time.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I hate switching my clock. Have heard and support making Standard time the norm. Lived in the Yukon as a kid, really ridiculous there extra daylight when you already have 20 plus hours naturally most of the summer then "fall back" when daylight almost disappears most of the Winter . Winter definitely brought out the worst in some people with all the darkness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John E. Hobart View Post
    John,
    I’ve been thinking the same thing. This is not a choice between standard or daylight times. We can choose any value between the two.

here’s a question. I would assume that somewhere in each of the time zone is a meridian that matches solar time. I found something that suggests that the match is not in the center of the zone but towards the eastern edge. If that’s the case, I wonder why. Would it also make sense to readjust the zones?