Thread: Looking for a lightweight scroll saw

Looking for a lightweight scroll saw

I'm looking for my first scroll saw. This is what is important to me. It will be used on a workbench and be easy to move. I won't be cutting hardwood thicker than 1/2". The blades must be easy to change. I would like to pay less than $300.00. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

The Wen 3921 I just bought is only 25 pounds.
    Blades aren't easy to change though - according to the reviews. I haven't unpacked mine yet to try it out.

The Wen 3922 - a model that only uses pinless blades - is the same weight & according to the reviews, it's easier to change the blades on that one.

I'll suggest to you what Charles Lent suggested to me - try asking at "www.scrollsawvillage.com".
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Take a look at the Dremel Moto Saw.

I think I'll try the Dremel Moto Saw.

For a casual scroller it looks like a good choice.

Were are you located? I have a Delta typt 1 made in Canada that I don't use and just sitting in the shop if you have an interest.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

For most information "Scroll Saw Related" go to www.scrollsawvillage.com. Almost everyone who gets into scroll sawing ends up there sooner or later. It is likely the best knowledge base for everything scroll saw.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by James Spillman View Post
    I'm looking for my first scroll saw. This is what is important to me. It will be used on a workbench and be easy to move. I won't be cutting hardwood thicker than 1/2". The blades must be easy to change. I would like to pay less than $300.00. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
    Where do you live roughly speaking?