Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bandsaw Advice - Buy new or upgrade old?

I can't view pictures... seems I have to pay in order to view them.
    Typhoon Guitars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Fu View Post
    I can't view pictures... seems I have to pay in order to view them.
    It's only a few bucks and well worth it.

I just donated... not a lot of money but not something I'd want to do for every single forums I access (it gets very expensive if so).

That looks like a beast of a saw. Wonder how much it cost. How do you buy the saw from another private individual? Do you have to pick it up and hope your vehicle will hold it, or are there trucking companies who can do this?

I just got myself a 26" saw. It's a very old industrial machine, 3 phase and all that. Saw looks massive but the table has no miter gauge slot... It cuts through almost 12" of green Taiwan acacia like it's not even there, on a dull blade (though it didn't really cut straight as the blade didn't have any set, I had to fix that). My old 14" saw struggled to cut it (motor kept stalling).
    Typhoon Guitars

4. Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arnsdorff View Post
    Attachment 463072Attachment 463073Attachment 463074Attachment 463075Attachment 463076Attachment 463077Attachment 463078Attachment 463079

My search for another bandsaw ended this weekend with a result completely unexpected by me.
    I bought a 24" SCM S600P (MM24) bandsaw from a member here - Richard Melton. It was in excellent condition.
    It is also much larger than what I started out looking for. It dwarfs my old 16" bandsaw, which was a decent sized saw. I know there are much larger ones out there but this 24" is a beast.
    I've completely went through it (including taking the motor and wheels off to move it in my shop). It is very well built.
    I'm looking forward to using it for many years to come.
    And thanks tons to Ritch, he's a terrific fellow woodworker!!
    It's so large the blade guard is telescoping. LOL Congrats that IS a beast!

I actually need to find a way to add a blade guard to the new to me bandsaw. It does not have one... just a guide.
    Typhoon Guitars