Thread: Best autostart for 3HP DC and mix of 120 and 240 tools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For a small shop that wants to get some level of automation to dust collection, automated gates can fill that need while allowing the collector to "just run" while multiple tools are being used to keep from doing too frequent stops/starts. But honestly, I haven't even found that to be something I highly desire in my shop. That brief pause to change gates helps pace and keeps me from rushing. I use a centrally located switch, too, rather than remotes for the same reason.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I use an iVac contactor with the Minimum Runtime firmware for my V3000. I initially had manual blast gates, but now have the iVac automatically triggered ones. I do have a mix of 120V (router table) and 220V (table saw, bandsaw, jointer/planer). The latest iVac tool modules do not pass the current like the old ones, they just wrap around the power cord to detect the load (either 120V or 220V).

Been using a SSAC current sensor, mounted in panel box since 2000. Only one leg of a 220 circuit has to pass through doughnut. Added a run after break timer to clear the pipes. Relay is also mounted in panel box.

4. The Long Ranger brand remote selected for the voltage of your DC. Very easy to control.