Thread: Universal V-460 - new computer, won't vector

Universal V-460 - new computer, won't vector

Hi everyone! I have a weird one... I have two ULS V-460 lasers, and both have been running for a long time connected to one Windows 10 pc. I replaced that computer the other day with a slightly newer Windows 10 system, downloaded and installed the newest ULS drivers, and strangely - my vectors will only raster. I've tried different line thicknesses, made sure I'm using the ULS color pallet - and everything I can think of. For the life of me I can't get a vector to cut! They both just raster everything - even the thin lines that are meant to cut. I am using CorelDraw 19. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks for any ideas!

For CorelDraw, the Universal printer drivers require the outline for cutting is set as a hairline.
    Trotec Speedy 360 - 80W, Graphtec CE6000-60, Brother GTX, Sawgrass SG400

Thank you for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Meged View Post
    For CorelDraw, the Universal printer drivers require the outline for cutting is set as a hairline.
    I tried the hairline as well as several other line thicknesses without any luck. Sure a strange issue!

Check the color of your cut lines. I've found the 2019 version of CD is relentless about trying to use CMYK instead of RGB. And even though CMYK "Red" (0,100,100,0) is the same color as RGB "Red" (255,0,0), the ULS driver doesn't recognize it and rasters it as grayscale.

I never had that problem with earlier versions, going back to 10...took awhile to realize what was happening.
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 03-10-2021 at 5:45 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.