Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sawstop PCS Dust Collection Advice

I have a SharkGuard on my ICS and when used it works great. As mentioned before edge cuts still have lots of blow by and the riving knife bracket gets in the way at times (just need to raise the blade tho) I have a 4" ceiling drop to an Ecogate automatic gate, then a wye to the base and the guard. When not using the guard I detach it (simple to do) and hang it on a bungy and have a manual gate on the guard to shut off air flow. I initially didn't want the floating arm in the way but now I think I would use it more than the riving knife attached style. I have the earliest version of the SS and added the dust shroud accessory that fits around the blade under the table and it helped a lot with blow by. Looked at the new SS at Rocklers and the shroud was on a floor model so not sure if they are included now or still an accessory. I initially hooked up the guard to the 4" wye with 2"?? flex pipe and switched to 4" and like it much better. I have considered adding a "brush skirt"??? --like I've seen around CNC heads but not sure if that would help, be in the way, or where to source them. Any thoughts??? Have fun with your new saw.

Quote Originally Posted by John C Bush View Post
    I have a SharkGuard on my ICS and when used it works great. As mentioned before edge cuts still have lots of blow by and the riving knife bracket gets in the way at times (just need to raise the blade tho) I have a 4" ceiling drop to an Ecogate automatic gate, then a wye to the base and the guard. When not using the guard I detach it (simple to do) and hang it on a bungy and have a manual gate on the guard to shut off air flow. I initially didn't want the floating arm in the way but now I think I would use it more than the riving knife attached style. I have the earliest version of the SS and added the dust shroud accessory that fits around the blade under the table and it helped a lot with blow by. Looked at the new SS at Rocklers and the shroud was on a floor model so not sure if they are included now or still an accessory. I initially hooked up the guard to the 4" wye with 2"?? flex pipe and switched to 4" and like it much better. I have considered adding a "brush skirt"??? --like I've seen around CNC heads but not sure if that would help, be in the way, or where to source them. Any thoughts??? Have fun with your new saw.
    Thanks for the info. The sharkguard system seems to make sense since you can just drop the 6" duct right to the 4" sharkguard. I'm looking on their site though and trying to figure out which model is made for SawStop. Maybe I'm just missing it, but they seem to list every other brand except for SawStop.

I use a general overhead guard w dust collection and it works well in tandem with the saws bottom port. The dust collection on the saw alone is pretty good.