Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hoarding round 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Damon View Post
    No one in my family (immediate or extended) have caught it.
    None of my wife's friends or my friends have caught.
    None of my neighbors have caught it.
    None of my work associates have caught it.
    None of the local stores have had to close up for a extreme cleaning because someone reported having it since early on when it started.
    Local nursing homes seem to be the hot spots.
    Most people in our area out in public are all wearing masks.
    This seems to be the general concensus of everyone I talk to out in public at most local stores, so people/stores are starting to get back to some level of normalcy in my neck of the woods.
    Yesterday we notice more crowding up at the checkouts and in and around the stores.

The one thing we noticed is some of the Gluten free items are coming up in short supply though.
    Congratulations. I can tell you, absolutely, that everyone is not you.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Edited not about hoarding.
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 11-03-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    None of the local stores have had to close up for a extreme cleaning because someone reported having it since early on when it started.
    Local nursing homes seem to be the hot spots.
    Most people in our area out in public are all wearing masks.
    This seems to be the general concensus of everyone I talk to out in public at most local stores, so people/stores are starting to get back to some level of normalcy in my neck of the woods.
    Yesterday we notice more crowding up at the checkouts and in and around the stores.
    (bold added by me)
    I think that is what is driving the second wave. People, myself included, have been getting complacent & not giving this bug the respect it deserves.

I haven't noticed any hoarding in our area that is resulting in empty shelves other than Ammo/guns. Even the dollars stores are back fully stocked up and have been for a while.
    Last edited by Rob Damon; 11-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.

I could agree with your statements except for one BIG fact.
    Wouldn't I have to be sure all the people I say haven't caught it had frequent testing?
    Covid can be transmitted by asymptomatic people so for me it's dangerous and complacent to think no one I know has had it.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Not hoarding, but lots of issues with electrical parts out of stock especially PVC conduit/fittings and more recently metal conduit/fittings. The website for one local electrical supply house shows pretty much all metal conduit and fittings as out of stock.

I had to go to four or five different stores plus an electrical supply house to get all the PVC fittings for an electrical project I did last Tuesday.

I haven't noticed any shortages of paper supplies at our local Costco in several months now. What I do notice, however, is that these items are no longer in the sales flyer that we get every month. It used to be they would offer a $4 to $5 discount every other month or so on the brand name packs like Charmin and Bounty. I haven not seen that since January.

I would always buy toilet paper and paper towels when they were on sale, so we had several large packs at home when the pandemic hit. We still have a couple of unopened (30 roll) packages of TP and one unopened pack (20 or 24) of paper towels, so we can last a bit longer. I did tell my wife that we were getting low on Oxiclean, though, and should look for that on sale. She responded by showing me the 4 boxes she moved to the back of the cabinet behind everything else. Problem solved, I guess.

(Kirkland) TP has been in good supply at our local Costco for months...except for now. They only had a small supply of something bamboo based and no other name brand alternative yesterday. There was a short period when Kirkland paper towels were not available, but they have Bounty instead. The manufacturing cycles are all wacked right now for sure!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My Mrs. is a registered nurse and now works in the covid unit at the local hospital. She is convinced there will be even worse short supplies of things come January. We have a walk in closet with a gross of rolls of "hiney wipes" and half that much in paper towels. Several bottles/jugs each of bleach, lysol, and sanitizer. Not to mention the canned good and frozen food we have stored away. I think we could survive just fine without leaving the house for about 2 years.

Blog Entries
    I just got back from a Costco run. Kirkland TP is out of stock. All other TP & towels are limited to 1 per customer. No other shortages that I noticed.