Thread: Child's Puzzle Rocker

Child's Puzzle Rocker

This Is for my Grandson Nolen.

I found some plans listed by; Skip Weiser on this site for a child's puzzle rocker and used them.

Materials 3/4 Baltic birch plywood, 3 cans of Rustoleum Acrylic, which I hated using , it took forever to get an even coat. Then printed out some decals.

My daughter & son-in-law live here in Arkansas but are Florida state fans

IMG_0722.jpg IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0725.jpg
    Last edited by Floyd Cox; 06-29-2013 at 6:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well done Floyd. It is a joy to use our skills for our loved ones.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That is wild! I hope you have inscribed and dated it.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Floyd, I love it! How detailed are the plans? Could they be converted to digital?
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for."
    Will Rogers

Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

childs chair GOOD grid.jpg
    Last edited by Floyd Cox; 06-30-2013 at 7:46 AM.

here are the plans for the puzzle chairs I have made

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=chair

Floyd
    I'm new to the forum, just found an old thread on a childrens puzzle chair; you mentioned you could send a full size drawing, if you still have that I would appreciate it;
    wdmilkie@gmail.com

thanks

William Milkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Cox View Post
    Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

childs chair GOOD grid.jpg

8. Floyd Cox I just saw your post about the puzzle rocking chair and if it is still available I would like a copy of the plans or anyone else that has plans that would send them I would greatly appreciate it. I have been seeing the plans but most of them are for smaller kids and have been trying to figure out how to increase the size for kids a few years older to have a choice of chairs.
    Thank You
    Thomas Hathorn
    thomas@pldi.net

Mike,
    I am interested in your puzzle chair and a template for it. This might be a good project for my first great-granddaughter. I built chairs once before, but without any plans. When I do that I usually overcompensate and overbuild things that would survive an atomic attack. Yours looks much simpler and sleeker.

I live in the Tri-County area. What part of Cincinnati do you live in? I could save you postage on the template and maybe get a chance to look at the real thing, too, if I could stop by and see you. Let me know the possibilities.

I tried to send you a pm but it was rejected, saying you could not receive pms. Let me know if you have an email address and I will share mine with you. In the mean time I don't want to post mine for all the world to see.

Thanks,
    Al Heitz