Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    Also, if you're on Instagram, Darrell Peart is a very frequent poster and is very generous about sharing his ideas, techniques, designs and tips. We had him come to the school as a guest lecturer last spring. He's about as straightforward and open as anyone I've ever met. He was asked on The Wood Whisperer Guild's Facebook page yesterday about a piece he had posted online and immediately responded with shop drawings, detail photos, etc of the construction. As long as it's not for resale he's more than willing to share.

Attachment 420834
    Attachment 420835

And a piece I recently made after hearing his seminar, based on his Fremont Nightstand design.

Attachment 420833
    That piece you built is fantastic. I really like it

What I did not realize before the museum show was how much hand painted tile was used in mission stuff. Accents in outside walls, trim around fireplaces, doors, bathroom and kitchen etc. Some was accent pieces mounted into furniture.
    Bill D.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/355362...88834/?lp=true

My wife, 2 sisters and I toured the Gamble House in early March. It was wonderful with many surprises, especially in the details. A couple of rooms had Stickley furniture. The docent was very well informed and took time with our group of about a dozen people. One recommendation is to wear dark sunglasses before entering the house so your eyes can more quickly adapt to the interior light level. Also, make sure your phone/camera is fully charged for all the photos you can take away.

You can also take a guided walking tour of the neighborhood that contains at least a half-dozen other G&G designed homes. The tickets for both tours were about $32 which is quite reasonable given that we had more than 3 hours of enjoyment. The surrounding area is also nice for a windshield tour.

One of the biggest surprises was the Gamble House backyard looks straight down on the Rose Bowl. We spent the night in Pasadena and then visited the Huntington Gardens. Lo and behold, they had G&G furniture and light fixtures on display there.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!