Tim,

Unless you have big plans for expansion I'm wondering if the ClearVue with the 6" inlet would be sufficient. I don't see dimensions, but I think my shop has longer runs and the CV1800 does an incredible job. I use 6" PVC duct in the attic with 6" drops, spit to 4" near the machines where needed.

Note that a cyclone is a screamer. I built a 4x8 sound-insulated closet for the cyclone and the big air compressor and I'm glad I did. I can hear a whisper in the shop with either running. The loudest thing is the air rushing through the pickups.

A metal cyclone sounds like an interesting idea, but one thing I like about the clear plastic cyclone cone is the ability to monitor the function, especially when initially setting up the system. For example, it would be easy to see if a vacuum leak caused poor separation. (It's entertaining and educational, too!)

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boettcher View Post
Seems lots of good discussion about Dust Collection, so I'll ask too.

Looking at the Clear Vue Pentz EF5 with an 8" intake.
The Idea would be to run the 30' main line at 8", branches at 6", and down lines at 4" or 6" depending on the machine.

Plan on going to go with PVC just due to the low friction, and low cost.

I have asked Clear Vue for recommendations...and didn't get a response (yet).
This is the preliminary design, based on what I've been reading... any thoughts / feedback?
Pretty simple.. couple sweeping Wyes.

Duct-Layout.png