Thread: Steel city 35951C Fence

Steel city 35951C Fence

I currently have the Industrial II fence that came with the saw. Is there a replacement fence would could add to their rails? I don't like how this one slides unless there is something I could do to help it slide better. Fairly new to woodworking and my first saw of this nature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is a photo of the fence I have currently. Thank You very much.

Tablesaw fence.jpg

Looks like your saw has a Biesemeyer clone fence and rails and a Very Super Cool just might fit.

Or, the nylon on the original fence pads might be worn/missing/need adjustment.

Check the Very Super Cool Tool web site at https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/

What Ray said. The VSCT site will tell you what size your rails need to be to work.

Your fence, though, is a very simple mechanism. Lift it up and look at the nylon pads that should be under the two ends of that "T" piece. If they're missing or worn out, that could be the problem. Should also be one under the far end that rides on the table top.

If you have trouble finding parts, I'm pretty sure that my Craftsman 351.22116 is a rebadged twin; parts are available through Sears (for how long, anybody's guess!), or places like ereplacementparts.com .

What is it not doing?
    It looks exactly like the fence on my General, which I've tuned many times through the years.

That is a great fence, especially the glide that rides on the back rail. I liked that fence as well if not better than my current Sawstop fence on my PCS. Nylon glides on the front of the fence on the bottom as mentioned above and check to see if there is a glide on the bottom of the back of the fence which should ride on the back rail. That fence slid better than my Sawstop and I also liked the phenolic sides of the fence too.

Thanks for all the feedback. I took the suggestions and double checked all the setups of the fence and reset everything and re-paralleled everything. It seems to be much better now and I am actually quite happy with it. Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by John Donhowe View Post
    If you have trouble finding parts, I'm pretty sure that my Craftsman 351.22116 is a rebadged twin; parts are available through Sears (for how long, anybody's guess!), or places like ereplacementparts.com .
    You couldn't happen to snap a picture of your cursor / lens on your fence could you? That is the one thing I am in need of replacing and ereplacement has one on there available but no picture. Thanks in advance.