Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agazzani band saw questions

In a couple weeks I will take pics of unloading this and the mini max. Then maybe my tech support will help me post them. I used to be able to do that, but since my fios was installed, it somehow messed me up. That and getting two computers replaced. And that I am an old tech guy. Heck, when I got married, we had a party line.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Pics....I hope.

The saw loaded on my truck.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7HpYOSV1ybzfti9k2

The saw in the shop, not cleaned up yet.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ruStWQHi1RaJ9LsN2
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 09-15-2017 at 2:43 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Darn...that's a nice saw! Congrats!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the NRA 500 and I really like everything except for the shallow crosscut miter slot. I've misplaced the crosscut miter that came with the saw since the move, but it really didn't work all that well. It's short so it falls out of the slot unless the piece is pretty narrow. I'm trying to imagine a crosscut sled to replace it. I was able to unload my saw by myself into a wheeled frame that lets me push it around the shop easily. You really aren't lifting the entire weight of the thing as you slide it out of a pickup. The hardest part is keeping it from picking up too much speed as it comes off I didn't have the height in the shop for the machine you bought. Envious all around. And yes, it's 230v single phase. Mine has a 3hp motor which is the same as my table saw. A 15A 230v plug like the one on the saw works just fine. Great find!! Larry
    Last edited by Larry Gipson; 09-17-2017 at 5:43 PM.

2. The saw table has a miter slot, but it is less than 1/8" deep. Is this really for a miter gage? Sure seems strange. Do they make a miter gage for this saw? In any case I just want to make a sled for it.

I'm going to look into the panhans miter accessory. It seems to be retrofittable according to their website:
    http://www.panhans.de/pan_en/images/...dsaws_2014.pdf
    This has a round bar that mounts to the front of the bandsaw table. The actual miter is similar to the original, but it really didn't work well with the shallow slot.
    In any case, Jesse at Eagle Tools will know if it's available. Get Jesse talking about Sam Malouf. He knew him and supplied all his Agazzani band saws. If your still in Upland, you're not far from the Malouf house. Take the tour if you haven't.
    Larry

Interesting site, Larry. Looks like they own the Agazzani brand now?? I have been to Eagle a couple times, but not recently.

Anyone know what the N'RA stands for?

PS: Andrew already knows how long the blade is, but for any others who may be curious it's 185". Also, I found another new 3/8" (?) blade in my truck that I forgot about.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 09-18-2017 at 2:44 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

<p>
    I believe Panhans is a subsidiary of the company that bought Aggazani out. http://www.hokubema.de/agazzani.html Translating the page: The well-known band saw manufacturer AGAZZANI was taken over in 2013 by the companies HOKUBEMA GmbH and R. Beck Maschinenbau GmbH. This ensures that band saws of the brand will continue to be produced in future - under German management. Both companies also ensure spare parts supply and services.</p>
    <p>
    In another place I saw that some of the parts for the saws (wheels, etc) are still made by Italian subcontractors for continuity.</p>
    <p>
    I don&#39;t know if your table needs a clean up, but mine had a little light rust on it after our recent move. I cleaned it up with a 6x9 red scotch-brite pad and a few squirts of Boeshield T-9. Very pretty now - nicer than I got it. I sped up the process with a random orbit polisher. (I have the Porter Cable, but I think Harbor Freight has one that might be perfect to have around for tool surfaces.) Don&#39;t no about the nra - sorry.</p>