Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help My Laser is down for the count.

Help My Laser is down for the count.

This morning I tried to load a file and found that the memory was full. I deleated some files and my Chinese 60watt RDworks locked up. I tried to use the RD8888 password to reset the system but it says password error. When I reset the machine I see the loaded file but cannot access any of them. It does not read the Flash drive. I am at a loss where to start with this. The Company (It is only three months old will not even return a email)
    I want to do what I can before having someone like Ray at Rabbit come. I have already had to replace the Laser tube.
    Anyone have any ideas or a good troubleshoot of the controller?

Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Hi Roy, If you would put all of your info in your signature you would get more response. We need to know what equipment you have.
    besides the flash drive have you tried to hook up using usb from the computer and control it from there? Does your controller have an Ethernet port?
    Do you have a backup settings file ? Do you have a backup user file ? It's important that you don't erase the memory on the controller without having these files. There are other passwords that can corrupt your machine but can help reset it but you should have these files
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

This is a 60 Watt laser with a RDC644XG controller I think. the box does not have and label. It resets the system set with the CC8888 pass word but I can not reset the Factory reset. RD8888 does not work. I hate to replace the controller just because I can't find the proper password. A cvourse the ChineseLiaocheng city Dongchangfu District Branch painted laser equipment Co. company which this is in warranty with doesn't even return emails. I feel that if I can just get it to reset I will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Haney View Post
    This is a 60 Watt laser with a RDC644XG controller I think. the box does not have and label. It resets the system set with the CC8888 pass word but I can not reset the Factory reset. RD8888 does not work. I hate to replace the controller just because I can't find the proper password. A cvourse the ChineseLiaocheng city Dongchangfu District Branch painted laser equipment Co. company which this is in warranty with doesn't even return emails. I feel that if I can just get it to reset I will be ok.
    Roy I had the same problem but got rd8888 to work by running it in lower case instead of upper- Might help...
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!

Roy these passwords can possibly corupt your controller if you enter them on the LCD of the controller instead of using the computer. I don't know how or why it's just something I have read. I did not see anything about corruption if you use these passwords in RDWORKS. Do some searching on this.
    Set Fact Para HF8888
    Def FacT Para CC8888
    If you have rdworks on your computer and you have read and saved the controllers factory settings you can write them back to the controller through RDWorks.
    RD8888
    I'm sorry I cant give you anymore info than that. Best of luck to you.

Google search these terms and several topics will come up.

Set Fact Para HF8888
    Def FacT Para CC8888
    Last edited by Ron Gosnell; 12-26-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel

Blog Entries
    You need to go watch rdworks learning Lab episode 74 and 77 on YouTube. Before before you screw things up further.

Also manual is available on the rdworks forum at rdworksforum.com go read it! Will help a lot, It is a good English version that is best out there, not a poor translation into chinglish. join forum there and several may can help you.

I do know that if I have a large file in top memory position it takes a while to delete. Don't be impatient let it think. It is a slow computer sometimes. I wouldn't use those passwords unless you have no choice. Good luck.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    John,

Just FYI. RDWorksforum.com doesn't work. Is that the address you meant to put out? Or was it RDWorkslab.com?

Happy Boxing Day to all BTW! <grin>
    Last edited by David Somers; 12-26-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

http://rdworkslab.com/index.php

There are some machine files there for download as well as an English rdworks manual. I'm not promoting a different forum, I just believe that Roy would benefit more for his particular problem
    Last edited by Ron Gosnell; 12-26-2016 at 2:30 PM.
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel

Blog Entries
    Ron and John,

If I read that forum right those of us need to be "invited to join" and in the registration provide a code to prove we aren't nefarious automated systems? Any chance one of you could do that please?

Thanks!

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Hmm, I don't think you really need an invitation but if you do, I will be happy to provide it, if I can. I registered without an invite. ??? It is a slightly convoluted registration process (to keep he bots out I guess).
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    Thanks John! I will pop back to their site and double check the process and get back to you if I need an invite! Thanks for the offer!

Hope you two had a delightful Christmas and havent suffered too much from the cold, miserable weather in Fiji this time of year? <grin> And that you have a wondeful New Year coming up!!!!

Dave

Blog Entries
    John,

Thanks again for the offer. Their main page says that an aspiring user needs to use their "contact me" option to send a request for a membership to their site admins. They will get back to me once approved or denied. I just submitted that with all the information they asked for so will see how this goes. (when you are a scurrilous scalliwag on forums one never knows the kind of reception one will get)

Thanks again!

Dave

I have RDworks. Would it be possible to send me an invite also?

Thanks
    John
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Thanks John! I will pop back to their site and double check the process
    Grab me on Facebook Dave and I'll give you a few reasons why you shouldn't bother
    You did what !