Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Vacation.....Where are You Vacationing?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    A week in and around San Franciso, come September. Gotta' get out of the Texas heat once in a while.

Erik
    Headed to Austin. Too cold in DFW!

headed to France in Oct. for about 2 weeks, staying with loml's uncle in the south.

going to Michigan to help my dad show his boat at the hessel antique wooden boat show in a few weeks. hoping for a best of show! 1960 21ft century cornado.

spending a weekend camping in the black canyon of the gunnison national park as well.

i guess most of this is fall vacations. staying around here in the summer, who would want to leave CO?

We spent 5 days in Yellowstone in May. Then 10 days in Visalia, CA IN June. In a hurried planned trip, we are making a quick 2 week loop from Idaho to MN, to central Illinois, southern Illinois,and Junction City, KS. We are currently in Douglas, WY headed for Gillette, WY. We'll spend tomorrow night in Missoula, MT and arrive home Friday afternoon, God willing.

Then we have 7 weeks to get into shape before we leave for 12 days in Ireland.

Rich, we should be home until September 22nd. Stop in if you are ever in the area. We've got an extra bed and plates!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-27-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Next year it's in Salt Lake City, might be too hot for me..................Rod.
    I-80 from SLC to the Nevada border is flat and straight and fun to push the hammer down on.

But, yeah, it gets very hot (albeit DRY) out there on the salt flats but it has its own beauty.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    A week in and around San Franciso, come September. Gotta' get out of the Texas heat once in a while.

Erik
    Gimmie a shout when you're in town. Maybe we can hook up.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

We didn't go to Isle Royal but the hottest temperature we experienced in Copper Harbor was 74 and the nights were in the mid 40's. That is pretty cool in July for a Southerner. It felt great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Art,

We were in the UP two years ago and liked it quite a bit. Not many folks up there. Have you been to Isle Royal? It even gets chilly up there in August.

isle royal is great. We are looking forward to Hessel (just east of the bridge) in a few weeks. Went to school in Houghton, Family from Calumet.

8. 1week in cancun with the family

I have made two trips this summer to a Boy Scout camp to help with construction and repair work. Does that count as vacation? The first time was a week and the second time was two and a half days. At least the second time the dining hall was open so the food was free and we didn't have to cook it.

I also go to Reno, NV every September for four days to hang out in the desert and launch large rockets.

I'm spending my summer and fall in the hospital with my wife who has AML leukemia. What a bummer. She was diagnosed June 6, 2016

Rod,

Just got back from a trip, and went through the SLC area to see Promentary Point (golden spike). It was over 100 degrees. It got as high as 113 near Las Vegas. That's when the A/C iced up. Luckily, we turned it off for about 15 minutes and it cleared itself up.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Koch View Post
    I'm spending my summer and fall in the hospital with my wife who has AML leukemia. What a bummer. She was diagnosed June 6, 2016
    Bruce beats mine.(prayers go out to you)

We're spending our vacation fund on a new water heater & garage door opener - two unexpected expenses.
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 07-28-2016 at 5:10 AM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Sorry to hear that news Bruce-positive thoughts for both of you.

I took the week of July 4th off to do stuff around the house and wife and I spent 2 days hiking near New Paltz, NY-Minnewaska & Mohonk. I am into whitewater kayaking now so try to get out one of the weekend days each week. We're going to Maine for a week in September-AFTER Labor day (no crowds).
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!