Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I did a bad bad thing.

A used Bernina to replace/add-to the other two Bernina 730s that were over $7,000 each. This was a low mileage machine with just over 1,000,000 stitches on it. the other tow have over 25,000,000 each. This is why I have what I have in my shop - no Black and Decker!

CPeter

Just tell her "remember how all those shoes you got were on sale?...... well..... so were these". I've gotten away with it using that line a few times, only because my wife has expensive taste in shoes. 4 pairs would have paid for my sawstop so she can't talk.

"What new tools?" "Didn't you see them the last time you were in the shop?" Just a suggested response, if she is like my wife and avoids my shop.

Actually, my wife has never given me any trouble over buying tools, as long as the other bills get paid on time and there's food in the cabinets. She's been a "keeper" for 54 years now.

Charley

Thanks guys! So it went ok I guess. She totally wasn't happy but was able to see I got a great deal. And I think she likes the idea of the safety feature. Although after picking up her car from the shop I asked her if we were good and she said we'd talk later which means I'll probably get a serious lecture on communication and budget. All and all, I'm still alive and married and will be able to sleep in the bed, at least I think so...

$2200? You got away easy! Don't let her see the Gamill Machines, the last one my mom bought cost her north of $22,000! She does some amazing stuff with it though. She had her own business using it for a while, I think she figured she made $5 an hour and my father had to pay a dollar of taxes for every dollar she made...

6. It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission.......................

Allegedly

Regards

Graham

Blog Entries
    You could lie about it, but then I know woodworkers never do that.

You need to take up residence here for a while. It's on I-75 near Wolverine Mi.

Ray's doghouse
    IMG_20150612_142911_zpst1pjsw6x[1].jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Is the couch comfortable?

Just keep in mind that a Saw Stop isn't the total answer to keeping you from getting seriously hurt on a table saw. A kick-back can do major damage, and the Saw Stop only keeps you from suffering serious injury if your body contacts the blade. It does not make the table saw a totally safe tool.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Simple, just give her the $1,000 you saved on the saw alone, and tell her to spend it on something she really wants.

Zero to hero in one step.
    Better save some of that $1000 to build a shoe rack for those new shoes she's going to buy.

As the only woman to respond to this post, I have a totally different response. Mine would be: Thank you dear, I've wanted a sawstop and the rest of those great tools for my shop. How sweet of you to surprise me!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe