Thread: Hurricane Laser Help

Hurricane Laser Help

I recently got a Lisa catagory 1 laser but there is not much info out there about them... I'm looking for info on it's power/speed specs as well as if the settings in laser works represent the actual setting or a percentage of the max power/speed.... it don't seem to be percentage on the speed because numbers greater than 100 work. Also looking for a rotary unit or info on what one works with my laser. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried their tech support at Hurricane laser
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

From what I understand they are no longer in business

speed settings most likely mmps. what is the wattage of the tube?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I would not try to run at 100% power try to stay at 90 or below.....this may help you.

https://www.laserbits.com/lasersettings.html

Last edited by Bert Kemp; 04-22-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The problem is most of the charts i find seem to be based on a percent of power and speed and i believe the software for hurricane is not because i can set a speed of 200, 300, 400 and anywhere in between.. so without knowing what the max speed is i dont know how to convert to percentage... also i had been told it was a 60 watt laser but came across a old nbm video today showing the lisa as a 30 watt so that could be why my results are so different using settings for a 60 watt machine.

Tim most speed setting are based on mmps most power setting are bases on % if you go with that and use the 30 watt chart you should be in the ball park

speed 200 mmps 30 mmps so on and so forth use % for power setting and don't run over 90% power
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Do you know what controller your machine has?

no i dont.. ill have to see if i can find it..