Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-Tunes Scam

Keith, there is a huge uptick of malicious email as of late that is using all kinds of "offers" or "warnings" to get folks to click on links or open attachments. Things like gift cards, loyalty account enhancements, etc. It's all dangerous stuff and should be deleted immediately. Hovering over links is almost always a good clue if you examine the displayed URL carefully...some are very subtle.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

There are lots of similar enterprises such as the one you received. Fake Ebay, fake paypal, fake banking notifications. I also get a lot of phone calls from people claiming that they represent micro-soft and asking me if they can help with my windows problems. Even when I get a legitimate phone call or email, I never, ever give out any information. I insist upon calling the bank or utility on a number that I can trust. It's a shame that this stuff occurs, because I can well imagine older people being victimized by it.
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

I got a call about the computer help, and I said: "Really, I don't even have a computer, What one are you talking about?"

The line went dead...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

I got rid off 99% of phishing and spam emails, by blocking any email that has a address that ends in .top, .download,.xyx,.click and about a dozen others of those new domains All you ever see from them is spam and scams. The only. One that never seems to show up is the .scam domain, but I guess that would be too obvious.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    The really sad part of all of this is that scammers have poisoned the marketing wells.

-- I won't answer the door unless I am expecting someone.
    -- I hang up on telemarketers
    -- Junk mail doesn't even get opened.
    -- I never watch TV live. I only watch from the DVR and skip over commercials.
    -- I don't listen to commercial radio (just NPR).
    -- email marketing? Forget about it. I read the woodworking stuff (Rockler and Woodpeckers) but the rest goes into the bit bucket.
    -- Then there are the surveys. Push pollers ruined those. Those guys won't know what I'm going to do until I do it.

I don't consider myself a hermit. I'm guessing that this is now fairly normal behavior.

What is an honest business owner to do? About all that's left are signs on the street and having a web presence.