Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: craftsman 113.xxx table saw

I have a 113.27521 that I inherited from my grandfather. I think it's a 50s model. Not sure if my grandfather bought it new but it wouldn't surprise me. It is well-built and I have no complaints except that it lacks any safety features. Not even a riving knife. Can't speak to the fence as mine has a Biesemeyer. The miter gauge is solid, but it does not have 90 and 45 stops.

I agree with the others on the fence, I bought the Craftsman Align A Rip XR 24/24 Rip Fence and Rails Table Saws Fence 10" inch, it worked better than stock. That said it was fussy to use and had to check it all the time. When it was on it was good. I have since sold it for $150 with the new SAWSTOP blade. I replaced it with a SAWSTOP Pro 3HP Make your own B Clone or find a Vega or T-Square. I bought mine new in 95 for $500 and another $250 for the fence in 98. I even bought the PALS for it, but never needed them after a friend tuned it up. Use Thin kerf blades, I did use the full size 8" dado set without a problem. Upgrade the drive belt to a link belt, then make sure you have dust collection. Great beginner saw. Dan

The 113.xxxx saws often have an issue I haven't seen mentioned. The miter slots are undersized. Something to be aware of when purchasing aftermarket accessories. Actually I think the miter slots are .750". My current Griz T.S. are .762" or thereabouts. A .750" miter gauge won't slide in a .750" slot, the slot needs to be a few thou bigger.