Thread: Scraper Video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    I use a negative rake scraper for my boxes. I have heard that for standard scrapers, on box end grain work, if it is a hard wood and especially exotics, you hone the burr off. If it is a softer wood, you leave the burr on.

robo hippy
    I'm just a rookie, but nice video Reed and how cool of you to post it. I'm learning new stuff everyday. Waiting for a lathe to arrive in a couple weeks and hoping to have as few "catches" as possible

Thanks again, your videos are a great educational source.

David
    Last edited by David Cramer; 01-22-2015 at 3:17 PM. Reason: typo:)
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

Reed, your practical approach to video teaching is a breath of fresh air. Far too many vids are including hyper-technical info that leaves the viewer wondering if he/she needs to go back to college before turning.
    I condense your info as:
    Here's the wood, here's the tool, hold it like this, turn, practice, turn, sharpen, turn, DONE.
    I wish more were as informative.
    Keep up the great work.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Reed, your practical approach to video teaching is a breath of fresh air. Far too many vids are including hyper-technical info that leaves the viewer wondering if he/she needs to go back to college before turning.
    I condense your info as:
    Here's the wood, here's the tool, hold it like this, turn, practice, turn, sharpen, turn, DONE.
    I wish more were as informative.
    Keep up the great work.
    Bill
    +1 on that. Looking forward to thanking Reed in person in Pittsburgh later this year.