Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Festool on Ebay

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by James Nugnes View Post
    They are safety glasses. How special can they be...discontinued or not. I am fed up with bidding on ebay. People bid stuff up to within 95% or better of what they could have bought it for on a "buy it now" and saved all the time and aggravation. Ridiculous. We are addicted to the idea that we are going to get a deal. Sure we are!!!
    Absolutely. I only buy stuff that is buy it now. All that bidding stuff is just too much trouble.

And the time machine? Since 'time' is a construct of our minds, and in physics there is no such thing per se (I am not a physicist), then check out some of the Quantum theory. Very interesting indeed. The way the math 'seems' to work, we exist not in our little 'universe', but instead in one of probably an infinite number of 'multiverse(s)'.

The physicists say that 'reality' is much more Alice in Wonderland-ish than is commonly understood. And, it is all really about math, isn't it?

Hey-this thread was already way off topic anyway.

I have a pair of those fabulous green glasses. They were given to me but that is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-23-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Just had to look myself. While looking, the 51st bid came through and its over $200 now. Holy crum.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-23-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Removed eBay link per TOS

I don't see them. The only pair listed is at $51.

CPeter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kertesz View Post
    I heard the Glasstainer as it will be called is $295 plus $95 for the optional Kaizen foam.
    Corinthian leather lining optional.

If safety glasses have met an ANSI standard they will do what they were intended to do as it relates to that standard. Charging $300 for a pair of safety glasses sounds to me like finding a price point for something intended to make it sell because it is so expensive....sort of the opposite mind set to making something very inexpensive in an effort to attract that market. I am so guilty of buying something costly BECAUSE it is costly....I am shocked that I missed these while they were available. The marketing effort must not worked too well or Festool would still be selling them.

back to the Lie Nielsen items that I see once in a while. They sold for more then what you would pay LN for the item shipped to you.
    Either there are a lot of scams on there or people that have a A. Hole full of money.

I like festool too, but not at the prices they sell for. I got my track saw as a refurb, easily worth $350 I paid. Great tool. I have a hard time paying the full price though, even that I like their stuff.

My policy on eBay is to bid the most I'm willing to pay up front, then not go back to look at all. If I get an e-mail saying I won, great. If not, then I don't worry about it.