Thread: Rojek shaper

Rojek shaper

Anyone have, looked at, or used the Rojek shaper FSN 300 A sliding table, tilting spindle shaper? Shaper only, not combo machine. It's pretty fully featured, comes with multiple quick change spindles, and most accessories. 6hp motor, weighs about 600 lbs. Made in the Czech Republic. They have prior year models at a pretty attractive price. It seems pretty similar to what's available from Hammer only a good bit cheaper, even considering the Hammer christmas deal. I've basically found nothing in the way of reviews and very little good info from Rojek. The Rojek combo machines seem to get average to below average reviews.
    Thanks for any insight,
    David

fsn300a_big.jpg

I have a Rojek shaper as part of my combo machine. It's a very good shaper. Mine does not have tilt which would be nice, but I do have the 1 1/4, and 3/4" spindles as well as the router bit holder, and I find that I use them all. If you buy it you will really like the sliding table with it. As far as the Rojek brand getting "average" reviews, that is a relative thing. I find that I can do very precise work with mine. I have never found mine to be what I would consider to be below average. However, if you compare it with a Felder it will not be as refined and there are some convenience features it does not have.

I also have a 1/4 hp feeder that I use with it when running stock. That would be a very good investment to go with the shaper. And the support has been very good for mine from Tech Mark in Arkansas. They have always been available for questions and the parts support has been very good, very quick.
    Last edited by john lawson; 11-30-2014 at 7:03 PM.

I do not have the Shaper, I have the 12" Planer/Jointer combo. It is built really well and think the Shaper would be a good machine to have, especially with the sliding table. The quality is really good and I am happy with it.

I checked out the Rojek line at an industrial machine show in my area about 7 years ago, found them to be very decent quality and looked like an excellent value. Not as refined as Felder (whose exhibit was right next to Rojek) but also a fair bit cheaper. Seemed like the sliding tables were smooth and solid, castings flat and well machined, up and down adjustments were smooth and precise. I got to demo a 16" combo jointer planer that I was quite fond of, took a close look at that shaper, seemed like a good unit. I wound up getting a used minimax that is very similar to the Rojek on paper in terms of capacity, and for my small home shop its a great machine.

On the electrical, confirm that with the vendor, but their site indicates the primary motor is 5HP THREE PHASE, and they list a 3.6 hp single phase as optional. I don't see a 6hp option listed, the motors are probably metric (Kw) so not exactly to an even Hp equivalent, may be rounded up or down a bit. Just be sure you can support the phase of the machine they have available.

It looks like a real nice machine in that size range, few make something that well though out for the american market in that size, and none at that price.
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel