Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rehabbing Arkansas stones

I got a gallon of the veterinary mineral oil a while back. I found it a little too thick to use by itself, but cutting it with WD-40 seems to work pretty well, and you can fine-tune the viscosity however you want. I'd like to find something else to cut it with that would be odor-free, but I don't know what that would be.

Steve, does your vet oil say "light mineral oil"?

I've seen light mineral oil and regular viscosity mineral oil (at vest supply), and the regular is more like a baby oil - it's pretty thick. TSC (I think) is the last place I saw light mineral oil for vet/farm use, IRC it was about $18 a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Steve, does your vet oil say "light mineral oil"?

I've seen light mineral oil and regular viscosity mineral oil (at vest supply), and the regular is more like a baby oil - it's pretty thick. TSC (I think) is the last place I saw light mineral oil for vet/farm use, IRC it was about $18 a gallon.
    Dave, it just says "mineral oil." So, I guess I should look for light? Is TSC tractor supply? I got mine at the local farm co-op.

Yes, tractor supply. I don't know what part of virginia you're in, but the tractor supply stores near my parents have a bunch of horse stuff. I doubt they do here, because there's not many horses. 20 more miles outside of town I'd imagine they do.

Light mineral oil is about the consistency of norton honing oil.