Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Husky version of the Kreg ToolBoxx

Just saw the Husky box last week at H Depot. They had it in two sizes: one shallow and one deep version ($29.97). They looked like a nice; solid box. I will be picking up one of the deep ones this week! Thanks for the tip!

I did the same thing, but I'm cheap. I picked up a one with a cracked cover on the discount rack. Think I paid only $12 after my Military discount. It still works but I have already filled it up and have to use the smaller one for the rest of the screws. Dan

Red face

Tony,

Thank you!! I'm off to buy one.

Ed

Late to the party here. You can find the Kreg deep box by itself, it's 8$ more than the Husky box. A bit of a premium, but sometimes having a different color and the Kreg name on the box for identification purposes may be worth it to some.

Does anybody know if the new K5 will fit in the deep box when mounted on a board?
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Novak View Post
    I wonder if retailers notice an uptick in sales when we get going on a topic like this. A lot of us are tool/accessory junkies (at least I am), and hearing that guys you respect own and like something is about all I need to pick one up.
    No question that is true. That a reason to be careful sometimes also when somebody posts online as it could be one person with a bunch of posting names. The CEO of Whole Foods got caught dumping on his competitors years ago using an assumed name...... Bad Karma.

However I am a Kreg Junkie myself. Bought the pocket hole stuff years ago in the shallow box. Their gear just keeps getting better. Their screws are even much better quality and basically the same price or cheaper than the knockoffs. A guy @ home Depot showed me how the screws actually have a slot cut in the end so they drive better than the knockoff ones.

You guys are hardcore though, cause I haven't seen all that stuff in the case in the stores.

Only problem I have is that local HD does not sell the larger boxes of screws as they are a lot cheaper.

My latest project is a couple of beehives. I have a biscuit jointer gathering dust.

6. Quote Originally Posted by John Sanford View Post
    You can find the Kreg deep box by itself, it's 8$ more than the Husky box.
    Where are you seeing the empty Kreg box? I just looked on the Kreg website and didn't see it, although I gather they were available at one time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. Try Amazon forKreg KTC99 Large Toolbox