Thread: Looking for Jet 575932 sanding sleeves

Looking for Jet 575932 sanding sleeves

These are 2" diameter x 5 1/2" and 80 grit. I cannot find them. All other sizes seem to be available. Very strange. Any suggestions?

I did find some web site Shamrock or something like that who wanted $20 for a 4 pack. OK But then wanted $15 for a small order. I did not see how much shipping was.

Thanks
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 02-20-2014 at 5:14 PM.

I use the 6" of various diameters from Klingspor on my Jet benchtop spindle sander with no problems, however I believe the grits are 60, 100, and 150.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 02-20-2014 at 6:07 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

I have the same spindle sander. Do you trim them or just let them extend past the spindle? Maybe I might have to go up or down a grit. I thought about trying the 4 1/2" ones since the bottom of the spindle never reaches the surface of the table. The thickest stock I have ever used it for is 8/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Fries View Post
    I have the same spindle sander. Do you trim them or just let them extend past the spindle? Maybe I might have to go up or down a grit. I thought about trying the 4 1/2" ones since the bottom of the spindle never reaches the surface of the table. The thickest stock I have ever used it for is 8/4.
    I let them go above the spindle as I have never sanded any thing taller than the rubber drum. I have also turned them upside down when worn and gotten a little more use from them for thinner stock. The Klingspor sleeves have worked well and I keep a crepe sanding "eraser" right beside the machine. Prices seemed reasonable as well.
    Dick Mahany.

I have used the 4in sanding sleeves on the same Jet sander and they work just fine and are easy to find and cheaper too!