Thread: 3m saftey walk

3m saftey walk

Anyone cut 3m saftey walk.I have a roll thats about 10" wide and somone wants me to cut them some designs in it.If so what settings would be good.Thanks Jim
    GCC new mercury II 40 watt
    Corel Draw x5 suite
    All kinds of woodworking/construction junk

Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Reinhard View Post
    Anyone cut 3m saftey walk.I have a roll thats about 10" wide and somone wants me to cut them some designs in it.If so what settings would be good.Thanks Jim
    I use it all the time for your same purpose. A few words of caution, vector cut it with the abrasive side facing away from the laser beam. Cut it with the adhesive side up/facing you. On my Epilog 40W, I cut it with 50% speed, 100% power, and Frequency of 3360.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks for the replies.msds dosent seem to say anything about it being bad to cut.Why cut it with the rough side down?It is a rbber like material on top.
    thanks
    Corel Draw x5 suite

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Reinhard View Post
    Thanks for the replies.msds dosent seem to say anything about it being bad to cut.Why cut it with the rough side down?It is a rbber like material on top. thanks
    Some of the "proprietary" abrasive lights up like a sparkler and you increase the chances of getting some of the "stuff" on your lense.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bednar View Post
    Some of the "proprietary" abrasive lights up like a sparkler and you increase the chances of getting some of the "stuff" on your lense.
    I did cut some today.2 passes with low power .I tryed in one pass but it melted the edge to much .The design is a bit complicated and the client would like it to stay on the carier sheet and I had to cut it topside and weed it .I am using a $32 ebay lens to cut it so not much worry if it gets stuff on it i suppose.
    Corel Draw x5 suite