Thread: Finishing Class with Charles Neil

Finishing Class with Charles Neil

Just completed a three day finishing class with Charles Neil. As a novice woodworking, I realized that finishing would present the greatest challenge to me. I also realized that every project I attempted would require one type of finish or another. Having limited funds to attend classes, I decided to attend Charles class on finishing. Charles has a wealth of knowledge on finishing and he willingly shared his techniques for surface preparation, coloring, seal coating, laying, and spraying a topcoat. He covered all the aspects of solvent bases finishing products as well as the waterborne products, including dyes, stains, blotch control, and topcoat. Charles has a very "down to earth" teaching style with includes lectures but more importantly, hands on activities. As expected, I made numerous mistakes on all aspects of finishing but he was right there to help me correct the situation and answer my questions. I left the class with a renewed confidence about finishing. I'm sure I'm not alone about concerned with project finishing, but Charles Neil's finishing class, helped me immensely and I'm sure it would help anyone taking the class

Just finished his finishing class too. Highly recommended. I'm so much better at finishing than I was even a few days ago, it's amazing.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.