Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 58,565 Posts to Go

58,565 Posts to Go

Sometime in the near future SawMill Creek Woodworkers Forums will reach

2 million posts

Our current daily posts average is 650 so it should only take about 90.1 days to reach this milestone.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-14-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Congratulations! I'll add this post to reduce the number by one

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

may I give my 2 cent worth

Wow... so soon? I remember going over the 1 meg mark not too long ago!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

The Creek is rockin,

Over the last three weeks we have registered over 1400 new Members.
    Last night we were within less than 60 people of breaking our all-time record of 1,692 people online.

Currently we need 57,995 posts so there were 570 posts made since I started this thread yesterday.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Is there a way of finding out what number a particular post is? I hovered over the "#5" in your last post and the URL seems to have a post ID in it of 2,038,004, but that implies we're already over 2M.

Eric,

Your right, we already passed the 2 million posts mark but that includes all of the Classified Ads and the Deals and Discounts posts that we have deleted over the years. The current total listed on our main page is based on active threads, it will decrease as we clean up both of these forums the next time.

I was just trying to figure out how to game things and be the magic 2Mth post!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    I was just trying to figure out how to game things and be the magic 2Mth post!
    will the 2Mth poster receive a award ?

Ray,

We gave a prize to the person who made the one millionth post but it was a lot of work trying to identify the exact post. I doubt we will go down that road again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Your right, we already passed the 2 million posts mark but that includes all of the Classified Ads and the Deals and Discounts posts that we have deleted over the years. The current total listed on our main page is based on active threads, it will decrease as we clean up both of these forums the next time.
    Does the current total include deleted posts?

Joe,

The current total on our main page only includes active posts. The number decreases automatically when we delete old classifieds and deals and discounts ads.

BTW this morning we are only 57,338 posts from 2 million.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-15-2013 at 5:23 AM.

I was asking about regular posts/threads that get deleted by the Moderators. You had already clarified that old Classifieds and Deals & Discounts don't count.

Ray,

We gave a prize to the person who made the one millionth post but it was a lot of work trying to identify the exact post. I doubt we will go down that road again.
    That was me. I received a beautiful marking knife and awl. Made a cherry box for them.

0413091221.jpg

0420091000.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Ray,

In the interest of not burdening you with anymore work, I volunteer to be the ceremonial two millionth poster that you can send stuff to.