Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Compressor

I got a big 3HP/60Gal CH model at Tractor Supply for not too much money. They had the best deals on compressors and accessories of Lowe's/National Tool/etc... in the area.

You could always buy two of the IR 60 gal. That would theoretically give you 20 cu ft for $1,000.

Get a 2 stage in what ever you get. Less heat = less water. Cheap single stage compressor will run 90 mph, be noisey and pump out about as much water as it does air, and then burn up. My 2 stage is so old its an antique from the 50's or older - Wayne compressor co.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Howell View Post
    Get a 2 stage in what ever you get. Less heat = less water. Cheap single stage compressor will run 90 mph, be noisey and pump out about as much water as it does air, and then burn up. My 2 stage is so old its an antique from the 50's or older - Wayne compressor co.
    The slower the rpm on the pump the better. Some units juice their numbers by increasing the pump rpm which leads to all sorts of long term problems. In a humid environment a high temp dryer becomes a necessity. Dave