Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love a good fastener

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach England View Post
    So I see my subject got changed..If only the mods at sawmill creek heard how I talk in real life...
    LOL until I read this I was kind of wondering what I was missing ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_card

I think this card would hold up better than most.

"Rustic language"....ha! I like that!
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Just got my screw from Lake Erie today . . . ended up ordering mine a couple days after this post first went up (on the first of March) and it shipped on the 31st.

I had already drilled the hole in the leg for it; and I guess I know how big numbers of inches are . . . but darn it, if my first response on opening the package wasn't "heck, this thing is huge!" It somehow just feels much more massive looking in person than I would expect, even though it's precisely the size I knew it would be.

I guess there's not really any more excuses for not finishing the bench now.

How are you liking yours so far, Zach? Have you put it to use yet? Did you recess the nut?

I just realized I may need to cut a little relief in the back leg of my bench, or use a *really* chop - with the shorter depth of my bench and the thick legs, I don't think it'll quite slide all the way back. Either that or chop a bit off the screw. I know if I do that two weeks later I'll find some reason I shouldn't have.

No, I have not done anything with mine. Last night was the first time I had turned the lights in my shop on for about three weeks, and that was to finish some drawer fronts for my parents' bathroom.

I hope nobody walks up on me while I'm looking at this thread. At first glance, that fastener appears to be quite a bit more than 'G' rated.