Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HF Hydraulic lift table

Question HF Hydraulic lift table

Several people on here have used the Harbor Freight Lift Table to make an adjustable assembly table. I am working on doing the same. I just got the 1000 lb. lift table and am working on the torsion box top.

My question is: The table begins to go down over time on it's own. I put it at full height last night and it has gone down about 1.5" in a 12-18 hour period. Is this normal and you just readjust or do I have a defective unit?

how much weight is on the table ? how do you lower the table?

Ray- There is only about 5 lbs sitting on it. You normally lower it with a release cable that is mounted on the handle. (here is the link to the actual table. www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-hydraulic-scissor-table-cart-93116.html)

I have the five hundred pound version of the HF table . I have not experienced what you report, although when I put the table at full height I always use the included safety bar. Perhaps a call to HF service might be useful

Richard, I have the same table and the same problem. Mine will not hold a lift overnight. I thought it was a fluid problem, so added hydraulic fluid according to the instructions that came with the table only to end up with hydraulic fluid all over the garage floor. Now I just use the table in ways that don't require it to retain height. Perhaps its faulty cylinders?

a hydraulic jack will lower in the same manner if the relief valve are not close enough

From the owners manual
    If the Table will not raise, or slowly lowers (fades) the cause may be damaged seals or low hydraulic oil level.

Ted. Thanks for the input (and others). I have purged and added fluid as the instructions stated so it is not fluid. It is new so if it is "damaged seals" it came that way. I will check with HF Service on Tuesday and see what they say. Paul: There was no "safety bar" with this unit. What is it and where does it go???

I own four of the HF hydraulic tables, they will all fade overnight but it doesn't affect using them on a daily basis.
    I cut 2 plywood sticks to fit in the lower tracks when the table is raised, this holds the table up indefinitely or until you need to lower it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I own four of the HF hydraulic tables, they will all fade overnight but it doesn't affect using them on a daily basis.
    I cut 2 plywood sticks to fit in the lower tracks when the table is raised, this holds the table up indefinitely or until you need to lower it for some reason.
    AHA!! Thanks Keith. For some reason I suspected this was a "normal" thing but still going to call the Service line Tuesday. Had not thought of the sticks in the lower traks. If they say it is normal, I will cut some sticks to keep it at full height. Thanks you for your reply.

Richard, my HF table came with two painted steel rails that swing into place when the table is raised. It is a safety device that will prevent the table from lowering with a load on it

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/man...4999/94822.pdf.

The instruction manual shows the use of the included safety bars on the five hundred pound table

Richard,

I was curious and checked the owners manual for the 1000 lb table and it does NOT come with the safety rods as does the 500 lb table. Strange. Different vendors perhaps?

I also checked. Strange that the larger one does not have the safety bars. Both are from "Central Hydraulics" but that really doesn't mean the same company manufactured it :/

We have some tables at work they are different makes and all will slowly leak down over night.

Finally talked with HF Tech support today. They said the fade should not be happening. The said it was probably a bad seal. They offered to send me a new cylinder to be shipped and I install or just take it back to my local store and get a new table. I chose the latter one. We will see if a new one does better