Thread: Lil Table

Cool Lil Table

From a plank of wood? SDC11888.jpg Into a few pieces of usable lumber. Into a table of sorts:SDC11917.jpg Then add a few little details to "dress it up"SDC11924.jpgSDC11927.jpgSDC11928.jpgBread board top got a bit wider than I like, oh well.Next, after all that sanding/planing/scraping, maybe a stain? SDC11938.jpgSDC11937.jpg Still to be done? Sand the stain, and then some varnish. Wife AND Daughter are both fighting over this little piece of Oak.

Just a simple little table. All the wood for this table was recycled stuff from an old garage/barn that was torn down. Think old rafters, that I resawed into 3/4" thick stuff. Old joists, some that were even Black Cherry. The plank was one of FOUR planks, each 4/4 thick, and averaging over 13" wide. There was also a few 4x6 beams to be milled up, mostly oak and ash.SDC11886.jpgSDC11851.jpgSDC11894.jpg

Nice work indeed! I must say... you're certainly brave to recycle some boards with all those nails! I got the chills when I first saw them! Nice job!

Table is now finished up, and in use. SDC11959.jpgVery few nails in these boards. I get about a pound from each of the old rafters I process. Nails, that is....