Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing Protection

I used to always mow my lawn with Peltors on. First without a radio, then with. Now I use in-the-ear headphones and my iPod or iPhone. I have always worked with music in the background, and I miss it, if it isn't there. My in-the-ears don't offer as much hearing protection, but they are significantly lighter, less obtrusive and cooler. Have you ever worn Peltors and hit an ear cup on something hard? Not pleasant IMHO.

I mostly work at a computer in a shop situation where others are working. When I can't drown out the noise with my iTunes on the computer, I still reach for my Peltors. I love the noise reduction, but my ears are truly claustrophobic, and I can't wear them for very long.

When I work in my own shop, I carry the stereo remote in my apron. When the Peltors go on, the stereo goes up.

2. Peltor TAC-6 are noise canceling & volume controled, I use them on the JD mower, in the shop & hunt with these. They work great for me because I have a severe hearing problem (not due to WW) + I can still wear my hearing aid (BTE) under them & the noise canceling works perfect when the shotgun goes BOOM.

I have two types of headphones, the Peltor Worktunes and Husqvarna Landscaper Radio, they both work well for me.
    I have used radio headphones for several years daily and I don't find them to be distracting at all, not even a little bit.
    Phones are a distraction, but I have a loud bell and a flashing light for when the phone rings, you can find them by a quick search on the net.

Torre

A lack of thoughtfulness is different than a lack of intelligence, but often has the same net result