Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambrosia Maple bowl

John,
    I like the form and design flow of the bowl. I have never seen Ambrosia Maple up close and personal but it sure looks like a nice wood!

Wayne

Great looking bowl John! The shape is very nice and I like your rim treatment, and of course you've got another beautiful piece of wood!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

It's a very nice piece John! I'm glad to see you've regained an appreciation for bowls, and I like your take on them. They get to be addictive, to me nothing is more fun in turning than doing the inside of a big bowl. (That might be an exageration, but I get a kick out of it)
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Good morning John : I think the finish you chose was an A#1 decision. I have learned over the years that some folks are put off by shiny finishes. they do not think they will be soft & lovely to hold. With this wood and this bowl, the finish is right on.
    The shape is a lazy ogee..and the small foot is just right. I think the drooping rim gives it a a lovely soft look. People will want to pick this up . If they want to pick it up, and it feels soft & inviting, they generally want to own it too. When folks buy they want eye-candy and a piece that is friendly and inviting. I think that if this is as soft as it appears, this bowl is a winner.

Beautiful lines on a beautiful piece of wood, with a finish to match! "Beautiful BOWL John" does sound a little strange!

Wonderful wood and a well executed bowl. Looks good to me.

John - great form on this bowl!! Wood sure is pretty and your choice of a finish works well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!