Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WW II Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Baca View Post
    Terry, do you really feel the stiffener is necessary on the 1/8" Blade? I have wrestled with this myself. I used to run thin kerf blades with a stiffener and when I bought my new saw, so I sold those all with the saw. So I switched back to the 1/8 kerf for reasons that I had more power, stiifer blade and the easier math(1/8 is easier than 3/32" for my little brain to work with). But I wonder if I would gain anything, have you noticed a difference with or with out and what differences can you share with me?
    I have run my thin kerf WWII both with and without the stabilizers, and I didn't notice any difference either way.

Forrest has replaced the blade and even paid shipping, New blade works great.

Nice to know Forrest stands behind their products.

This is a general point and not a specific comment on Harry's situation. The presumption is always that the blade is at fault when we get vibration - but I guess if you were unlucky enough to have a saw spindle that was slightly under size this could cause major vibration too as a result of the blade mounting off centre. It wouldn't necessarily be even consistently so in that there could be some pot luck involved which would determine where the blade sat on the arbour.

The same applies in respect of stiffeners I guess. They sound like the sort of thing to not use unless they are needed to address a specific problem...

ian