Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topaz ReMask for editing photos

I'm not sure if the discount code was secret or not, it was definitely a webinar related code, so I'm sure they know who was there. I doubt it matters, but they were very thorough in asking not to give webinar links out for the actual webinar, so I probably just transferred that paranoia over to the discount code

He did an example very close to the trouble photo I have, so now I think I can probably make it do even my toughest photo without too much trouble. It'll probably take me 10 minutes to get it done, versus the normal 1 minute
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I love me some PhotoShop and have become proficient in getting what I want.....but that's through a hell of a lot of trial-and-error, and sometimes that part has eaten into some profit. I had some chain link issues to deal with today, and checked out the Topaz site for their solutions. I like it. A lot. Purchased.

Good call, Scott. Thanks!
    Vytek 65-watt F/X2
    Photoshop Elements
    Photograv

A lot of free time....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Salcedo View Post
    I think not, I have Photosjop CS3 and CS5, also Photo Paint and when I installed it, I only see options to install it in both PS versions but not on PP, in their spec's they show PaintShop Pro, you can see the spec's here
    It appears to work: just tried it with the 'trial' version. You have to tell CPP where it's located, but then when you restart it shows up at the bottom of the 'Effects' menu. One minor annoyance is that CPP's default layer is 'Background', and it complains if you try to start it on a background layer.

But at any rate, it starts up and displays its UI and the photo...haven't gotten past that point yet. As far as Windows is concerned, it's running as a separate app, and it and CPP are just passing the original and modified version back and forth. (For all I know that's how all PS plugins work, but I never tried using one under CPP before.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Lee so it works in corel photo paint? If so can you guide me to set it up?

Thanks
    Architectural Sign Engraving ltd. (owner)

Xenetech 24" x 36" 40 Watt XLT, Xenetech Rotary's 16" x 25" Viper's
    Lap top's HP & Lenovo, Windows 7, 32bit and 64 OS.
    Xenetech XGW, Corel Draw X5, 1-Touch Photo and PhotoGrav3
    Wacom tablet, HP Scanner, BenQ Monitor 24"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    It appears to work: just tried it with the 'trial' version. You have to tell CPP where it's located, but then when you restart it shows up at the bottom of the 'Effects' menu. One minor annoyance is that CPP's default layer is 'Background', and it complains if you try to start it on a background layer.

But at any rate, it starts up and displays its UI and the photo...haven't gotten past that point yet. As far as Windows is concerned, it's running as a separate app, and it and CPP are just passing the original and modified version back and forth. (For all I know that's how all PS plugins work, but I never tried using one under CPP before.)
    That's great news, specially for people that only have CPP, thanks for the report.

Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mammoliti View Post
    Lee so it works in corel photo paint? If so can you guide me to set it up?
    Go through the ReMask install, then start CPP. Under Tools->Options->Workspace->Plugins, add the ReMask program directory (Program Files/Topaz Labs/ReMask/Plugin, more or less). Then when you restart CPP, there will be an entry under 'Effects' for Topaz Labs. The ReMask User Guide PDF has instructions for installing under PaintShop Pro, which is pretty much the same process.

I played around with it some more this morning...can't verify that it works all that much better than the built-in 'Cutout Lab' in CPP, but the user interface and preview functions are a lot nicer.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

It should function like it does in the videos on YouTube in ccp?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mammoliti View Post
    It should function like it does in the videos on YouTube in ccp?
    Yup.

Like I said, it's running as a standalone app outside of CPP: CPP launches it and passes it the original image and gets the (possibly) modified one back when you exit. In fact, I'm not sure it even knows what the "host" app is. (I just downloaded the PS SDK, mostly to see what's going on under the hood.)

Now, what you do with the mask when you get it back may be different, but I'm the wrong person to ask, since I've never used PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ashlin View Post
    Where was this when I had to cut out literally hundreds of photos for a freelance gig? Although, getting paid hourly, I guess I probably wasn't thinking of ways to make my job faster lol.
    For those of us that were around before the the digital age.....
    The masks were cut to size on Rubylith then positive an negative
    Kodalith films we made to expose the images in registration onto
    photographic film. I once made a composite with 12 images. It took
    me a couple hours of sizing and exposure after I had the lithos made!
    Then a retoucher took over for the more complex areas.

Things that took days to do now can be done in less than an hour!

My idol at the time was Jerry Uelsmann. I went to quite a few seminars
    that he gave insights on creating his art in the "analog" age. (Enlargers
    and light sensitive materials)

Wow... I feel old!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

So do I need ps or ps elements to run this remask thing? Or can I just use ccp?