Thread: Remote Stop Switch 3520

Remote Stop Switch 3520

Most of my turnings are 9" in Diameter or less, and most are segmented so they are stable and balanced to start with. I wanted a remote stop switch, just never dedicated any time to make one until I turned a commissioned piece that measured 22" in diameter and 21" in height. This left me a long way from the stop switch and convinced me that it is time to get this done. So, after my usual Sawmill Creek research this is what I did.

I used the same $5 paddle switch from Grizzly that many have used, but I wanted to be able to easily remove it. Since the stop circuit is low voltage DC. I opted for a 1/4" phono plug with a normally closed jack. This way, I can just unplug it and the circuit works as usual. Here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

Looks like it will work pretty good! Always nice to see variations to a central theme! Looking forward to seeing the 20+ inch turning!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I would love to show the turning. I signed a non-disclosure, so I can't go into any detail until later. Possibly in July.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

I really like the idea of a removable movable stop switch! I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea.

Thanks for sharing!!

Well that's cool! Adding a little mystery to the project works for me! Looking forward to seeing it... someday!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!